AddThis Social Bookmark Button

Thursday, June 28, 2007

The Equipment: Canon PowerShot SD1000 Digital ELPH

We finally got around to buying a small portable camera that we could take everywhere we go, the Canon Powershot SD1000 Digital Elph.

So far it has been outstanding. The picture quality is great and the video features are equally impressive.

The only negative I would have to give it thus far, like with most P&S (point & shoot) cameras, it has a considerable amount of shutter lag. Other than that we love it so far.

One of the features I am really excited about is the time lapse video setting. It will take 1 frame a second or 1 frame every 2 seconds for up to 2 hours. The end result is a video that is compressed from 2 hours into 4 or 8 minutes.

It is able to do this because normally the video is shot 30fps (frame rate). So if you only shoot one frame per second for 30 seconds, once played back, you'll see those 30 frames go by in only 1 second!

Did I loose you? I hope not! By the next post you'll know what I mean once you see one of the video I have done :)

3 comments:

Tim's Digital Darkroom said...

I should post a picture of the camera huh!

oh and

http://www.pvilletx.com/

Anonymous said...

"I should post a picture of the camera huh!"

Probably, I'm just imagining a box with a hole in it!

:D

Tim's Digital Darkroom said...

It's slightly more exiciting than a holey box ;)

I'll put it on the to do list!